Sunday, December 1, 2013

My Entry Way: REJOICE! A Savior is Born!




Happy Sunday Gals! ( Hey...if "You guys" can apply to both sexes then I say "Gals" can too, it's only fair).

If you recall, my entry way last Christmas was a retro theme with whites and aquas and lots of old kitsch things. I'm so unorganized, I have looked through all of my old posts for 20 minutes trying to find the pics of it. If you find that old post, or my marbles, let me know! 

I still have my retro setup, which I have been working on most of the day. Here is a peek...




But I wanted something earth tone-y and natural looking for the entry way this year. Something in my heart instantly told me to center everything around the nativity, and the reason for the season, the birth of Jesus.

So here it is, the least "blingy" Christmas vignette in the house. But I love that it is right there, front and center by the front door. May my family be reminded daily of the reason we celebrate and honor Christmas day. It was the day the world received the biggest gift it will ever get.

































































Did any of you "Gals" happen to notice that I have stopped hosting the Scoop link party for awhile? In case you did, I just want you to know that there was no reason really, other than the business of life! Teaching art, raising 2 little girls and trying to paint and take care of a household, and a new puppy...it adds up. And there are only so many hours in the day. So, I had to take a little break from playing the hostess for awhile.

I adore my Scoop co-hosts! Please keep on keepin' on, by linking up every Tuesday. I know I will!

Also, stay tuned for many more Christmas posts in the week ahead, with lots of pics. I love and appreciate each and every one of you who stop by to look at my little corner of the world, and wish you a fun filled holiday season!!


oxox Linsey


17 comments:

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

I love it, Linsey. Your nativity scene is so sweet! I do appreciate you putting the real meaning of Christmas front and center.
I'm working on a nativity vignette right now (you know, in between comments- haha)
I'm still totally smitten with that clock case!

Pamela said...

Beautiful Lins. Still working on all of mine. I am trying to do one room at a time but I keep jumping and thinking about the fall still out on the porch and wanting to jump out there too. It is only DEc 1 I keep telling myself. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving at your moms!

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Love it! Great reminder (chalk board "rejoice"). Have a great Christmas!
-Trish

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

This is so special, Linsey. I love all your little touches.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful! I love the Nativity, is my favorite part of the C'mas celebration. Have a lovely December.
FABBY

Debra@CommonGround said...

this is so beautiful and just perfect for your entry!!

Unknown said...

I love it Linsey, a very rustic and beautiful message. . . Happy decorating. . .I look forward to seeing your pictures. ~d

chateau chic said...

I really like the vignette you created centered around the meaning of Christmas!!! All the natural elements fit so well the ordinary stable where Christ was born...no glitter and tinsel in Bethlehem that year!
Nicely done, Linsey.
Mary Alice

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

BEAUTIFUL Linsey!!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!!

Cindy said...

Your entry way vignette is really beautiful, the bottle brush trees in the old frame is very sweet. You are a very talented lady, I have enjoyed seeing what you have created.
Hugs, Cindy

Patty Sumner said...

I love the more subtle earthy tones you have chose....Looks great. I love the nativity too. Happy decorating.. Blessings!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

I did notice you stopped hosting, but I'm glad to know that you're still "doing your thing." Someday, I hope to own one of your paintings. I mean it! Your entryway is grand - the chalkboard is my fave! XOXO

KayteeJane said...

It looks lovely! Now I'm a vintage girl at heart, but that natural manger scene is beautiful. I love, love, love it. Everything looks so pretty. I love the old clock with the bottle brush trees inside. I've been inspired!

Eilis said...

I just love it.

Unknown said...

Your nativity is gorgeous Linsey! Everything is so pretty :) Yes, I noticed too, but life is important and we all need to step back sometimes!! Have a wonderful week- xo

PattieJ said...

Love all your neutral Christmas decor!So pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...